We offer the following services: (targeted at over 50’s with a Wythenshawe postcode, M22 or M23): you can either refer yourself or a carer or family member can refer you, or you can be referred by someone like your GP, District Nurse or Care Navigator.
We are not currently offering ANY befriending services, (this is under review by our management committee), and we will update on this.
We will continue to keep our services under review aligned with current government Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance.
We are currently able to offer the following services:
Community Coffee Morning at Wythenshawe Amateurs FC: Tuesdays 10am-11.30am
Hollyhedge Park, Altrincham Road, Sharston, M22 4US
Come and join every Tuesday at Wythenshawe Amateurs, for tea, coffee, toast and a chat. £1.50pp. No need to book. No charge for first visit.
Community Lunch at Northenden Social Club: Tuesdays 12.30-2pm
408-412 Palatine Road, Northenden, M22 4JT
Join us at Northenden Social Club for lunch including tea/coffee and a cake. £3pp. No need to book. No charge for first visit.
Community Coffee Morning at Emmaus South Manchester: Fridays 10.30-12noon
St Andrews Church, Brownley Road, M22 0DW
Come and join every Friday at Emmaus, for tea, coffee, toast and a chat. £2pp. No need to book. No charge for first visit.
Newsletter – sign up for our regular newsletter, full of information and activities.
“My Resilience Matters” resource pack – featuring advice and contact details for useful services/support.
Point of contact for information, advice and guidance relating to later life issues, including Cost of Living Crisis and COVID information and support. Call us on 0161 905 3898, Monday to Friday 10am-4pm
Please use the appropriate referral at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
- A dedicated telephone number for information, advice and guidance relating to later life
- A volunteer befriender for a weekly companion visit – up to an hour
- A telephone befriender weekly telephone call
- Daily check in calls (if requested – either AM or PM)
- Access to community lunches at a reduced cost of £2
- Access to community coffee mornings at a reduced cost of £1.50
- Priority access given for trips out (from £10 upwards)
- Advocacy, including support with letter writing, completing forms, reading etc.
- Access to bi weekly drop in sessions (Free tea and coffee)
- Access to later life resource library
- Access to activity sessions (either free or reduced cost)
- Invites to free seasonal celebrations and events
- Access to community lunches – £4
- Access to community coffee mornings – £2.50
- Escorts to health and personal appointments – £10
- Weekly shopping – £10
- Trips out – £10 upwards
- Access to bi weekly drop in sessions – (£1)
- Access to activity sessions (Cost TBC)