We accept referrals for services from individuals, carers, family members and health and social care professionals including GPs, integrated health teams, district nurses , care navigators etc. We do adhere to a strict criteria as follows:
WHO WE CAN SUPPORT
- Residents of M22/M23
- Over 50
- Carers of above
- People with pets (please let us know as not all staff and volunteers are comfortable with pets)
- People with disabilities
- People with mild dementia
- People with health/mental conditions/needs
- People in recovery from drugs and or alcohol misuse
HOW TO REFER TO WGN
We accept two kinds of referral – agency referrals and self-referrals (for service users and/or their friends and family to use). Please choose the referral form that suits you best.
Once we receive your referral form, we will:
- Contact you to arrange a risk assessment with the service user, yourself (as referrer) and ourselves. We are also happy if any family/friends would like to attend the risk assessment.
- Inform you if the service user is appropriate or not for our service(s) via email or telephone conversation.
- Inform you when the service users starts to access service(s)
WHO WOULDN'T BE A GOOD FIT*
- Don’t live in M22/M23
- Under 50 (unless carers)
- Severe dementia
- Drug abuse & addiction issues
- Alcohol abuse & addiction issues
- Extreme hoarding
* Based on our risk assessment. However, please call/email as we are more than happy to discuss to see if steps can be put into place so that we can support a particular service user.
- Need hoisting/lifting
- Need to be pushed in their wheelchair.
- Domestic abuse perpetrators
- Complex health/mental health conditions/needs
- Already accessing other similar befriending services (unless a limited time service, ie six weeks)
- Live in a care home or extra care housing or supported housing with an onsite warden