Our November Newsletter is now out!
Our November Newsletter has news of our newly-launched Volunteer Drivers Scheme.
The service was launched at an event at Wythenshawe Football Club on Thursday 19 October. Guests included WGN Members and representatives from community organisations from across Wythenshawe. The membership scheme will see volunteers driving older people to health & wellbeing appointments and activities across Wythenshawe – helping to combat transport challenges, social isolation and impacts of the cost-of-living crisis. Journeys will start from 1 November 2023.
Read more about our Volunteer Drivers Scheme here.
Other Newsletter features include:
- Bowel Cancer Screening Programme (NHS and Manchester Local Care Organisation) which aims to detect bowel cancer early, when it can often be cured
- NHS Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm screening for Greater Manchester men aged 65+. The safe, quick and pain-free ultrasound scan at an NHS site near you identifies weakening of the artery wall, and could save your life. Tel: 0161 291 5716
- Tree of Life Centre’s drop-in Work Club (on Wednesday afternoons, 1-3pm) and monthly Job Prep Workshops
- News of a new Astrology Group
- Our autumn quiz
- Contact details for local support services.
You can read the full WGN November 2023 Newsletter here.